IN OR OUT? HOW AN EU REFERENDUM COULD AFFECT YOUR BUSINESS
What are the risks and opportunities for UK-located businesses of Britain leaving the EU?
How could ‘in’ or ‘out’ actually look? Should the UK stay or go? What should the government renegotiate ahead of the proposed referendum, and in the event of an exit, what structures should the government put into place to manage the transition?
With a line up featuring leading businesspeople, subject matter experts and politicians and civil servants with experience dealing with and within the EU, In or Out? will clarify:
- How could the EU referendum impact your business and should you take a public stance on the issue?
- The costs and benefits: what would leaving the EU mean for the UK economy?
- The terms of trade: where would an exit leave the UK in relation to EU trade agreements, and what could replace them?
- What could ‘in’ look like? The future of the EU in the context of the Eurozone crisis and the emergence of a ‘two tier’ union
- What could and should a renegotiation of the UK’s role in Europe deliver for business?
- How would an exit affect FDI and intra-European investment, as well as outflows from the UK? The view from Asian, US and other European investors
- Potential processes for exit: how could ‘leaving’ look?
- The impact on the finance industry and the City of London
- Red tape: the facts and the fiction
Join the UK’s leading experts, politicians and businesspeople in unpacking the consequences of both choices, and in discussing how they could affect your business. Network with Britain’s key decision-makers in Europe, and vote anonymously on your view of which way the UK should vote.
|08.15|| Registration & refreshments
|09.00|| Chairman’s opening remarks
|09.15|| Panel: How could the EU referendum impact your business and should you take a public stance on the issue?
|10.00|| Talk: Trading places: where would an exit leave the UK in relation to EU trade agreements, and what could replace them?
|10.30|| Morning coffee break & networking
|11.15|| Panel: Envisaging 'out': what are the costs and benefits of EU membership for the UK economy?
|12.00|| Panel: What could and should a renegotiation of the UK's role in Europe deliver for business ahead of the proposed 2017 referendum?
|14.15|| Talk: Red tape: the facts & the fiction
|14.45|| What could 'in' look like? The future of the EU in the context of the Eurozone crisis and the emergence of a 'two tier' union
|15.30|| Talk: How could 'leaving' look? An overview of the potential process for exit
|16.00|| Afternoon coffee break & networking
|16.45|| Panel: The impact on the finance industry & the City of London
|17.30|| Panel: How would an exit affect FDI and intra-European investment, as well as outflows from the UK? The view from Asian, US, European and other international investors
|18.15|| Chairman’s closing remarks followed by drinks reception
|20.15||Close of event|
Please note all of the above is confirmed as of today's date. Session details, speakers and timings may all vary between now and the date of the conference due to reasons beyond the control of the organisers.
All content Copyright © 2014 · All Rights Reserved · The Continental Drift